David Martin v. Global Tel*Link Corporation
United States District Court, Central District of California
Case No. 2:15-cv-02495
If you received a call on your mobile phone from Global Tel*Link, you may be entitled to money under a class action settlement.
A federal court authorized this notification. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- A proposed settlement will provide a total of $8,800,000 (the "Settlement Fund") to fully settle and release claims of persons using and/or subscribing to a mobile telephone number to which GTL placed a "Notification Call" (as that term is defined in FAQ 5) during the period from December 5, 2010 through April 7, 2017.
- Plaintiff David Martin alleges that these Notification Calls violated the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. § 227, et seq. (the "TCPA"). GTL denies Plaintiff's allegations and denies any wrongdoing whatsoever. The Court has not ruled on the merits of Plaintiff's claims or GTL's defenses. By entering into the settlement, GTL has not conceded the truth or validity of any of the claims against it.
- The Settlement Fund shall be used to pay all amounts related to the settlement, including awards to Settlement Class Members who submit a valid and timely claim form to receive payment ("Claim Form"), attorneys' fees and costs to attorneys representing Plaintiff and the Settlement Class ("Class Counsel"), any service award for Plaintiff, and the costs of notice and administration of the settlement. Class Counsel estimate that Settlement Class Members who timely submit a valid Claim Form may receive a cash award of approximately $60.00, but the exact amount depends upon the total number of claims. Monies remaining in the Settlement Fund after these payments are made will be distributed to a charity approved by the Court only if a second distribution is not feasible.
- Your rights and options, and the deadlines to exercise them, are explained in the Notice. Your legal rights are affected whether you act or do not act. Read this Website carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM
||If you submit a valid Claim Form by June 15, 2018, you will receive a payment and will give up your rights to sue GTL and/or any other released parties on a released claim. Claim Forms may be submitted by mail to GTL TCPA Litigation Settlement Administrator, P.O. Box 404041, Louisville, KY 40233-4041 or through this website.
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF OR “OPT-OUT” OF THE SETTLEMENT
||If you ask to be excluded, you will not receive a payment. This is the only option that allows you to pursue your own claims against GTL and/or other released parties in the future. The deadline for excluding yourself is June 15, 2018. To opt-out, you must follow the instructions provided in Frequently Asked Question 13.
|OBJECT TO THE SETTLEMENT
||Write to the Court about why you believe the settlement is unfair in any respect. The deadline for objecting is June 15, 2018. To obtain a benefit from this settlement, you must still submit a Claim Form. If you submit only an objection, you will not receive any benefit from the settlement and you will give up your rights to sue GTL and/or any other released parties on a released claim. To object, you must follow the instructions provided in Frequently Asked Question 16.
||If you do nothing, you will not receive any monetary award and you will give up any rights you may have to sue GTL and/or any other released parties on a released claim.
|GO TO THE FINAL APPROVAL HEARING
||Ask to speak in Court about the fairness of the settlement. To speak at the Final Approval Hearing, you must file a document including your name, address, telephone number and your signature with the Court stating your intention to appear no later than July 31, 2018.
- These rights and options—and the deadlines to exercise them—are explained in the Notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still has to decide whether to approve the settlement. Payments will be made if the Court approves the settlement and after any appeals are resolved. Please be patient.